Mediaş (German: Mediasch, Hungarian: Medgyes) is the second largest city in the Sibiu County, Transylvania, Romania. Mediaş is located in the middle basin of Târnava Mare river, at 39 km from Sighişoara and 41 km from Blaj. The 1838 Jewish population by census was 15, from 1850-1851 was 24, in 1857 was 50, from 1869-1870 was 25, in 1880 was 197 and in 1930 was 702. The un-landmarked Orthodox and Neolog cemetery was established in 19th century with last known burial in 1993 (Kovacs Irma.) The cemetery is 2 km from the congregation that used it.