A few months later, in 1941, R. Stein and most of the other students made their way to the United States and were reunited with their rabbinic mentors. They settled in Cleveland, Ohio. Telshe Yeshiva, which had been a famous Eastern European institute of rabbinical learning, was founded in Lithuania. After World War II, the school relocated to Ohio and officially became the Rabbinical College of Telshe – Telshe Yeshiva. Today it is one of the most prominent rabbinical institutions in the United States.