The Ruhyzn-Sadgora was famous for its library. R. Nahum, son of R. Israel, the founder of the dynasty, was a bibliophile and when Hasidim would come to his father they would bring the rebbe, and often R. Nahum, books, both new and rare editions. He thus accumulated one of the largest private libraries in Eastern Europe. These books were stamped with the R. Nahum’s stamp, indicating that they were part of his library and how they came into his possession, whether as an acquisition, inheritance, or gift. At one point the library totaled more than 4,000 volumes, often beautifully bound and fully catalogued. Eventually a quarter of the library was sold to the Jewish library of Vienna, those books being described in the catalog Minhat Shelomoh (Venice, 1912). Other books were sold at auction in London. From the two stamps on the title page it is clear that Gevurat Anashim belonged to R. Nahum and that it came into the collection by purchase.
הסכמות: ר' חיים כ"ץ, פינסק, כז תשרי תקע"ט;
ר' שמואל חונה בק"ק קארלין.