Alummot (Bitanyah), kibbutz in Israel, 1 1/2 mi. (2 km.) W. of the Jordan outlet from Lake Kinneret. Alummot, affiliated with Ihud ha-Kevuzot ve-ha-Kibbutzim, was originally founded in 1939 by a religious group. In 1947 it was taken over by immigrants from Central and Eastern Europe, who had, three years earlier, set up a village on the nearby Poriyyah Ridge. The site, also called Bitanyah, had served PICA (Palestine Jewish Colonization Association) as a fruit tree nursery. In 1968 Alummot's economy was based on irrigated field and garden crops, bananas and other tropical fruit, carp ponds, and milch cattle. The kibbutz also operated an electrical engineering enterprise.